Suggest best treatment for Paralysis?

Neurologist, Surgical
Hi, I am XXXXX From Bangalore. I need to the best treatment for Parallesis (stroke) which is attacked for my father from past 3.5 years. He is getting cured day by day but he is not able talk. So please giude me by treatment he should be able to talk.please help me.
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 1 hour later
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX ji
I suggest the following to your father.
1. Repeat NCCT HEAD /MRI BRAIN to see if there are any secondary changes in brain like gliosis etc

2. Continue with preventive medications viz. ecosprin /atorvastatin / clopidogrel/ antihypertensives/ antidiabetic medications as advised by doctor (depending on whether it was ischemic/hemorrhagic stroke

3. Continue with physiotherapy & speech therapy

4 at times speech loss is there in left sided brain lesions, then patient needs rehabilitation in the form of sign /gesture languages

5 regular follow up with neurophysician is to be continued

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW
dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX XXXXXXX consultant neurosurgeon