Suggest best medicine for herpes. Is it is infectious?

Tel me best medicene of harphis. Is harphis is infectious.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

The best treatment for herpes is oral antiviral tablet Acyclovir.

Can you give me some more details about where you have herpes ? - lips or genital region ?
Is it the first episode or one among the recurrent episodes ?
Is it herpes simplex or herpes zoster ?

The treatment dose, duration and frequency depends on whether it is zoster or simplex and whether it is first episode or recurrent episode.

Yes, herpes is infectious.

Waiting to hear from you.

Follow-up: Suggest best medicine for herpes. Is it is infectious? 1 hour later
Back side and below arm. A burning sansation in skin with rashes. Patient age is 85. Tel me any powder or lotion for herphis.
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No powder/lotion to cure herpes

Detailed Answer:
From your description it seems to be herpes zoster. The ideal treatment will be Tablet Acyclovir 800 mg five times a day for seven days. As the person affected is 85 years old the dosage has to be adjusted according to renal function.

Kindly upload a photo of the rash if possible so that I can confirm the diagnosis. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.

You should contact a dermatologist for getting Acyclovir prescribed. To prevent secondary infection of the blisters and ulcer silverex gel can be applied three times a day.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.