Suggest best and safe medication for abortion?

My Gf is 5 weeks preg now ( missed her regular periods this week). We wish to go for medications for abortion. Please convey best and safe hospital(apollo ...) for confidential procedure. Thanks in advance Please get me a location relevant answer, as my GF is in chennai, India.
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can consult at Fortis malar. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. At 5 weeks of pregnancy, abortion is possible with the help of medicines. At Chennai, you can get it done confidentially at Fortis malar hospital, XXXXXXX hospital or St. XXXXXXX hospital. For this purpose, your friend needs to get an examination done and the drugs prescribed from the gynecologist. If her blood group is Rhesus-negative she will have an Anti-D injection. After abortion, she will have to take an ultrasound to check the status of pregnancy. If there are any retained products of conception then she may need a D+C (dilatation and curettage). These drugs are to be taken under Medical Supervision as it can cause serious effects as nausea,vomiting, fever, pain, excessive vaginal bleeding and sometimes incomplete abortion can also occur causing the remnants to remain. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Suggest best and safe medication for abortion? 18 hours later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX for a detailed, precise and quick answer to my question. I would wish to request a few question related to the procedure. 1. Could we make a advanced reservation in either of the hospitals (Fortis Malar, XXXXXXX ) through phone ? 2. Should someone accompany my GF for the procedure. or if done at home, should someone be by her side? 3. Does the medication procedure require admittance in the hospital? If so for how long? 4. Does the medication interfere in our future chances of having a baby? 5. Confidentiality being the key, is it possible to not disclose names and other details? Regards XXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer below. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. 1. Yes you can fix an appointment with the gynecologist on phone. 2. It is best if somebody accompanies her as after the medicine is given, she might have an acute pain in the abdomen and a heavy bleeding. 3. Indoor admission is not needed. She can go home after the medicine is given to her. 4. It usually does not interfere with the future chances of pregnancy. She can have an irregular periods for next 2-3 months after the abortion. 5. You can use a fake name for appointment if they do not ask for a proof of identity. Be sure to make all the payments in cash in that case. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards
Follow-up: Suggest best and safe medication for abortion? 51 minutes later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX Tayal, 1. How long after does the bleeding happen after having the medicine? 2. How long does it last? 3. Can we be advised painkillers to reduce the pain? 4. How long is normal? and when should we know something is unusual and ask for assistance? 5. Irregular periods, are they due to the hormones in the medication? So does it mean it stays in her bloodstream for 2-3 months? 6. Fortis needs appointment bookers to have original id, So we need to request the doctor to not indicate the treatment given in records. I reckon the payments by cash. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer below. Detailed Answer: Hello. 1 &2. The bleeding may start as soon as 2-3 hours after taking the medicine and after the heavy bleeding is over, the mild and intermittent bleeding can last for upto 45 days. 3. Yes. Pain killers will be advised by the gynecologist to reduce the pain. 4. In case there is a heavy bleeding persisting for more than 3-5 days then medical assistance is needed. 5. Yes. The irregular periods are due to anti- progesterone effect of the medicine. Even after the drug is washed out, the effect on the uterine lining stays for 2-3 months. 6. The treatment given will have to be indicated in the records for the treatment history and further references or treatment of any future complications. However you can request the gynecologist to be discreet. Regards.