Suggest ayurvedic medicine for pimples and scars

Hi, Am XXXXXXX Getting married on 25 XXXXXXX Everything was fine and good, but from last 30 days, i got lots of pimples, and scars too. From last 6 months, i have been facing acne only during periods. But now its happening daily. My marraige is veru soon. Please suggest a good ayurvedic medicine, which cure acne and scars faster and effectively.
Posted Sun, 27 Jan 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Acne is a lifestyle disease.
Not only it is chronic in nature, but also repeated application of products without much knowledge might worsen the problem and leave scars.
Acne treatment involves antibiotics, retinoids and benzoyl peroxide.
Not all are prescribed to everyone. It needs careful examination to choose the appropriate treatment.
For the time being I would recommend that you use a daily cleansing regimen of benzoyl peroxide along with a topical preparation such as tretinoin. In case these are not helpful then it is best to consult a dermatologist for proper antibiotics and prescription medicines. The scars do take 6-8 weeks to disappear and XXXXXXX scars are often difficult to treat.
For specific treatments in ayurveda, i suggest you to consult a specialist as proper treatment needs a detailed examination.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.