Suggest appropriate dosage of Minoxidil and Androanagen

Dermatologist
Question
Thank you for reply & sorry for delayed reply. You had suggested me minoxidil & androanagen. Should i take androanagen after lunch or dinner? Also you have suggested to apply minoxidil once in the morning & once in the night. Will it be okay if i apply it in the morning & expose it to dust & sunlight when i go out? Also i wear helmet during ride. Please let me know if there are any concerns.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hair fall treatment clarifications Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I am Dr. Johny Chacko. I understand that you had a query answered by another dermatologist before, but now your question has come to the public domain and has come to me. However, I can clarify the doubts you have regarding hair fall treatment. Tablet Androanagen can be taken at any time of the day, either after lunch or dinner. There is no specific time as such. There are no issues if you apply minoxidil and then expose to dust / sunlight. However, make sure you apply it on a dry scalp and it is absorbed before you go out. (It usually takes only a few minutes to get absorbed). There are no issues if you use a helmet while riding. There is no medical evidence that usage of helmet causes hair fall. Hope this has cleared all your doubts. Wishing you good health, Dr. Johny Chacko

Follow-up: Suggest appropriate dosage of Minoxidil and Androanagen 1 hour later
Thank you for reply, Is it fine if i apply minoxidil only at night before sleep or should it be applied twice in a day? If twice is it okay if i apply 2 times at any time in a day or is there any time gap between 2 times? Kindly clarify.

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hair fall treatment clarification Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Minoxidil has to be applied twice day with at least 8 hours gap in between. It could cause scalp irritation if applied with only a few hours gap as it has an alcohol base. Hence it is better to apply in the morning and again at bedtime. Hope this clears your doubt. Take care, Dr. Johny Chacko

Follow-up: Suggest appropriate dosage of Minoxidil and Androanagen 10 hours later
Thank you, Is it better to apply minoxidil some time before bath in the morning or after bath? Can i use other hair oils during this period?

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hair loss treatment Detailed Answer: Hello, You have to apply minoxidil after bath and after drying your scalp. If you are using hair oil, please make sure you apply oil only before bath and wash it off thoroughly during bath. Oil on the scalp prevents absorption of minoxidil. Do not leave oil on your scalp overnight. Hair oil has only a conditioning effect and cannot penetrate the scalp to increase / stimulate hair growth. Hope I have clarified your doubt. Regards, Dr. Johny Chacko

Follow-up: Suggest appropriate dosage of Minoxidil and Androanagen 11 hours later
Thank you.......

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Welcome... Detailed Answer: Hello, You are welcome. Wishing you good health, Dr. Johny Chacko