Suggest an alternative of Zoloft that does not interact with Belviq

Hello. My Wife has phenominal early results from taking Belviq; great weight loss and few side effects. I have a BMI of 31 and would like to also start Belviq. However, I take 200 MG of Zoloft per day mainly for Anxiety. I also take Simvastatin and Lisiniprol. What other drug would you recommend instead of Zoloft that would not interact with Belviq? I don't think the other 2 medications interact but please advise. I am a healthy 51 year old male; I work out; run but definitely eat way too much and would like to take something to curb my appetite. Please advise and thank you in advance for your help. XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Prozac is the best in your case... Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for posting your query here. In your case the best medicine instead Zoloft, is Prozac(Fluoxetine Hydrochloride) 20mg 1 pill a day. Except the antidepressant effect, this medicine also has bulimia nervosa effect. So this medicine will help you to curb the appetite. As for Simvastatin and Lisiniprol they don't interact with Belviq. You should contact a psychiatrist to discuss about the medicine you want to replace. Ask me for anything unclear. Regards, Dr. Behar.
Follow-up: Suggest an alternative of Zoloft that does not interact with Belviq 2 hours later
Thank you Doctor. Last question. I have been on several anti anxiety medications but never Prozac. Is Prozac used mainly to treat Anxiety or depression or something else? Have had decent success, but not great, with Zoloft. I guess I wonder why my Psychiatrist never mentioned Prozac. Thanks again. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Prozac is used for anxiety and depression... Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for writing back. Prozac is a medicine mainly used to treat anxiety and depression. I recommend this medicine to most of my patients that have experienced anxiety. I've noticed that the patients feel better, more active on their different activities and the most important advantage of this medicine is that it has minimized side effects. I can say that this medicine will give better result than Zoloft. Dr. Behar.