Suggest an alternative of Percocet

i have been taking 20 mg of percocet 6 xs a day. The ups and downs are making me crazy. I have tried oxycontin which gave me unbearable tried fentanyl patches that made me exttremely ill. I would like an extended release opiod that could be gradually titrated down and then off of them completely. nothing stronger!! the casue for the pain has been taken care of and I just need to get off this as easily as possible. Health still not 100 percent but better. any suggestions.....i was looking at methadone but it scares me. i do not want to get dependant on a stronger opiod.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later
Brief Answer: below options may be suitable Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry that you are in much pain and the relief is very less. As far the extended release opioid, oxymorphone and Hydromorphone extended release medications are available. These can be an option for you. The brand names would be Opana ER and Palladone respectively. The safety profile is similar to both. Hope this helps you. Get well soon.