Suggest an OTC medicine for treatment of boil near the anus

Jan 2014

What kind of treatment can I get over the counter for a boil near my anus?
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Oral+Topical antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at HCM Boils/Furuncle at this site can be extremely painful. If I was you treating doctor I would have put her on oral antibiotics (penicillin group e.g Amoxycillin in combination with Clavulanic acid, 625 mg, thrice daily for a week). An OTC topical antibacterial like 2% Mupirocin cream or ointment can be applied twice daily over the boil. An OTC pain killer e.g Ibuprofen or Diclofenac can be taken orally to relieve the pain and discomfort. take care regards