Suggest alternative treatments for ADD and Anxiety

I'm looking for something natural that will help with my A.D.D and anxiety. I was diagnosed with A.D.D and anxiety when I was seventeen. Took that for about 5 years and stopped taking it at 21 because both my parents, managers and myself didn't see any improvement when taking it. Plus the side affects were just horrible. I was wondering if there is a vitamin supplement that may help with the symptoms of A.D.D. And anxiety? The reason I ask IS because both are affecting my job majorly and I need some help otherwise I could lose my job.
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer....given below Detailed answer.. Hello, Thanks for the query. This indeed is a query which troubles many people. On one hand there are plenty of people who get lot of benefits by resorting to medicines like RITALIN and ADDERALL,while on other hand there are plenty of patients like you who get lot of side effects by taking these medications which range from insomnia,headache,abdominal pain etc. There are definitely ways which can help a ADD patient. should avoid colas and junk foods and sweets. Take more of protein,fresh fruits,green vegetables,B complex vitamins,iron,magnesium,essential fatty acids,VIT C etc. Other steps to be taken besides nutrition are... Proper 8-9 hours sleep Regular aerobic exercises for 45 minutes a day Doing regular yoga,deep breathing exercises and adopting mental relaxing techniques and meditation. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks