Suggest alternative of propulcid and domperidone?
User rating for this question
I have gastroparesis and due to high prolactin levels was told to go off of the low dose of Reglan been on since start, Sept of 13. went off slowly from 5mg- 4xs aday to none over two weeks. all symptoms back within 1st day except vom. have some nausea. not really eating, just a couple of crackers after ginger tea. tried boost and the burning , bloating and chest pain with weakness and dizziness started. I was given prilosect after endoscope showed signs of acid but that ran out with no refill three weeks ago. My Gastro Prac. , at last visit said need to go to Pittsburgh to Gastroparesis clinic. They called and sent a packet of info and said look it over and call n tell us what you think...I would rather deal with the high prolactin on Reglan is that dangerous? I AM MISERABLE and need help and feel passed off. Don't want to try propulcid which is last med option for me as Domperidone also causes high prolactin as well. What should I take or try for the Gerd they said I have??? THANK YOU
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: you can try levosulpride if its available there Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. If you dont want propulcid or domperidone you can try levosulpride. Its a newer drug (propulcid has been removed from U.S. market), with lesser side effects and has a very good response in gastroperesis and gerd. But it is a prescription drug and i dont know if its available at your place, so you need to see your local doctor for the same. Here at my place, it is the drug of choice for gerd and is given along with a ppi. Hope that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer the same. Get well soon. Dr. Ashish Verma
People also viewed
- Is pen v used in the treatment of leptospirosis?
- Can biaxin cure upper respiratory tract infection?
- Suggest alternative of propulcid and domperidone
- Bleeding during pregnancy prescribed duphaston is it safe
- Teninnitus domperidone
- Domperidone and omeprazole
- Can hydroxyurea systemic cure polycythemia vera?
- Domperidone and fever
- Domperidone capsules
- Is acthar used in the treatment of west syndrome?
- Delayed period hypothyroidism endometrial thickening urine pregnancy test
- Can i take phenergan for lightheadedness, dizzy ?
- Body aches sore throat lips swollen red and sore help
- Done nebulising for infant is it safe habit forming
- Penis cannot get hard done kegel exercises please help