Suggest alternative medicines to cure Leigh's Syndrome?

I am looking for a cure to Leigh's Syndrome. My nephew was just diagnosed with it, he is a 6 yr old boy. They found this out. What do you know about what can be done, alternative medicines would be our first choice!
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

Sorry to hear about your nephew.I can feel your concerns.

Leigh's syndrome is basically a genetic disorder that involves central nervous system.
A high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet is recommended in this disorder.moreover frequent meals at regular intervals is advised.

Unfortunately there is no specific treatment for XXXXXXX disease. your nephew can use several different vitamins including vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B2 (riboflavin) after consulting your doctor.This may result in a improvement of the symptoms and slightly slow the progress of the disease.

Oral sodium bicarbonate or sodium citrate can be used to manage lactic acidosis in this condition after consulting your doctor.

I am available for your help.

Wishing him a good health.