Suggest alternative medicines of Cudo forte and UTI OF

hi kindly suggest somes names of the following medicines cheaper than the foll medicines iam going through a hard time purchasing the same 1) Cudo forte 2)UTI OF
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Suggested, please discuss with treating dr first Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I am Dr Saumya Mittal, MD I have read your query and will help you accordingly. It would have been easier if you had mentioned your exact location. Cudo forte has the following - STREPTOCOCCUS THERMOPHILUS LACTOBACILLUS ACIDOPHILUS BIFIDOBACTERIUM LONGUM (15 Billion c.f.u each) LACTILOL MONOHYDRATE These are basically microbes that feed on creatinine and urea. Therefore they utilize them in the body. The percentage formula of these is quite exact, and therefore I would suggest you continue with the drug as it is. The closest cousin is Bifillac. This is much cheaper, but the bacteria are a bit different. Since from your query, I am not sure why this has been prescribed to you, I will suggest you meet your treating doctor with this option. He may agree to it, if he thinks its likely to be same. Utiof contains CRANBERRY & D - MANNOSE. There are again probiotics and usually used for bladder infection. Now I have gone through the price list of many companies and almost all of them are giving the tablet costing at around 20 rs per tab. So the brand is not going to make a difference. However again you can talk to your doctor if instead of taking capsule, may be you may have cranberry juice directly. I am not sure why the medicine was prescribed again. Alternatively, if you dont have an infection, you may want to stop the medicine. Again, the doctor will have to judge that. I hope this information helps you. Please let me know why these were prescribed so I may be able to inform you better Best of luck Dr Saumya Mittal
Follow-up: Suggest alternative medicines of Cudo forte and UTI OF 1 hour later
Dear Dr Mittal, Thank you very much sir, for such an elaborate reply These were suggested after creatinine levels were very high & the kidneys got affected . Also there was pain while passing urine . Kindly suggest atleast 3 alternatives to both the medicines
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get a second opinion Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for your response. As mentioned, Cudo Forte needs to continue. Almost no other probiotic offers the same combination. However, before starting the medicine, I would suggest you get a second opinion- here is why. As explained before, Cudo Forte microbes eat up the creatinine. This way the creatinine remains low. However, creatinine is supposed to be low by excretion via kidneys. So if the kidneys are not working well, artificially bringing down the creatinine will mask the ongoing damage to kidneys. Of course, if the raised creatinine is causing symptoms, I would suggest you go for it. Curds may also help. Please do let me know the exact report of kidney function tests, urine routine and urine culture. They can be uploaded on the site. As for "Utiof", I have already mentioned the natural alternative- cranberry juice. The other options are CRANPAC D TAB and TRACFREE TAB I hope that helps you Please let me know why these were prescribed so I may be able to inform you better Best of luck Dr Saumya Mittal