Suggest alternative brands of Atacand for high blood pressure

hi Doctor I used to take ATACAND 16mg. for high blood pressure i.e 160-170 to 105-110. Now Iam shifted to other country i.e India where this medicine is not available. Kindly advice me which medicine will help me to reduce the blood pressure. My particular are as follows: 1)Male 2)age: 60 years 3) Height: 6feet 4 Weight: 112 kg. 5: nature of job: OFFICE JOB 9AM TO 5PM. 6 Eating non vegetarian 7: Physical exercise: 20 half hour walk
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX or candesar Detailed Answer: Hi, Atacand 16mg is available as alternative brands in India. XXXXXXX 16mg, Candesar 16mg or Candelong 16mg are the commonly available brands here. Be rest assured all these medicines contain the same generic formula candesartan. You can take one of these as per your previous doctors instructions. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards