Ask a Homeopath   »  

Suggest a yoga or exercise to increase brain health, mental health and have good night sleep

Question
I would like to know what are the best yoga exercises which can be done by me for increase good brain health, mental health and have good night sleep without any obstructions for continue healthy wealthy life?
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Yoga

Answered by Dr. Chandana Krishna 1 hour later

Thanking for writing to us,

Yoga exercises help to improve your health, keep you fit and improves your mental health as well.
You can start with "Surya namaskara" which is basic exercise, if you as a fresher for YOGA. It improves the blood circulation in the body, clears the wastes n injury causing elements and improves health. It also tones up the body.

You can also do many other exercise or asanas which will be best taught by a yoga instructor. It's always better to practise yoga after learning from a professional instructor as the pattern of breathing, your posture during it all are important for effective results.

You can also meditate for about thirty minutes a day to keep you mind stress free and improve your mental health and also to keep away many sleep related disorders.

Pranayama( breathing exercise ) is also an effective way to keep yourself fit and healthy.

Hope I have answered your query well.
If you have any doubts feel free to ask. I'll be happy to help you.

Follow-up: Suggest a yoga or exercise to increase brain health, mental health and have good night sleep 22 hours later
I have requested LKR 40,000,000,000 from XXXXXXX Lankan government and still I have not received it.What do you think about it? will It affected to my health badly?
How yoga can avoid stress?
I meant will it be affected to my health? I think lot of my stress thoughts can be managed when I buy an appartment from Colombo area.SOMETIMES,Indian banks like ICICI bank,Indian oversease bank Colombo can understand that situation.
How yoga can avoid stress?

Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, stress does affect your health and yoga is one of the best remedy.

In Yoga, body and respiration is synchronized. The body muscles contracts synchronously with respiration and blood supply thus oxygen supply to the whole body improves. The heart rate will be increased in stress which is the reason for many diseases like hypertension, heart diseases. By Yoga, heart rate normalizes, mind will be in calm state and stress

Meditation is also an important and effective method to reduce stress.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Suggest a yoga or exercise to increase brain health, mental health and have good night sleep 19 hours later
How often I should do XXXXXXX Namaskaaraya exercise?
However,I think you have good contacts with ICICI bank as there is a branch available in Colombo, XXXXXXX Lanka.
What are the other exercises specially improve the brain strength avoid for any sort of brain diseases.And also for good memory and IQ?

Answered by Dr. Chandana Krishna 14 hours later
You should do XXXXXXX namaskara daily 10-20 times according to your stamina.
There are many other exercises for brain development, which will be taught by a qualified yoga instructor.
I stay in India. I do not have contact with any ICICI bank. Sorry.