Suggest a vaccination chart for newborn baby

My baby was given Taxim 250 mg inj - 3 Nos. One immediate after birth , Second inj on the second day and third inj on the third day. As on today my baby has not given any vaccines like BCG, oral polio drops -1 st dose & Hepatitis B. Since Taxim being antibiotic whether it is equal to oral polio vaccine.Whether now i can give my boy baby who is 10 days old with OPV eventhough Taxim has been given already.Also i will be helpful if u provide the vaccine schedule to be followed.
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concerns regarding the vaccination. For what reason was Taxim given to your child?

OPV and BCG can be given even though your baby has received the antibiotic Taxim. It does not have any effect on OPV and BCG.

OPV, BCG and Hepatitis B can be given anytime immediately after birth. Then, at 6-8 weeks the following vaccines are given:
1. Oral or injectible polio vaccine
2. Diphtheria, tetanus and either whole cell or acellular pertusis
3. Hemophilus influenzae type B
4. Heptatis B

Other optional vaccines that can be given at 6-8 weeks are:
1. Rotavirus
2. Pneumococcal

Vaccines given at 6-8 weeks are repeated every 4 weeks for a total of 3 doses. For Rotavirus, the third dose will depend on which company's vaccine is being used.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back for any clarification.

Wishing your baby all the best.