Ask a Dentist   »  

Suggest a quick remedy for aching in lower bottom teeth and pain in gum area

Hello Doctor Actually my lower bottom teeth are aching. The pain is below by gum area. Also the upper part of my teeth are soar. Eg a slight touch makes it pain. I have got this pain previously too. Can you tell me the reason for this and also a quick remedy for this. As m at work, and will be difficult to visit a doctor today.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: periapical infection in lower teeth Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome to HCM; Tooth ache and pain below the gums indicate the presence of periapical or periodontal infection in relation to roots of your lower front teeth. exact diagnosis can be made only after clinical examination and evaluation by taking x rays of the affected area. i would suggest you to get the OPG radiograph done which will help in diagnosis and accordingly treatment can be done. at present since you are at work i advise you to start with antibiotic amoxycillin clavulate along with analgesics for 3 days which will help in subsiding the infection and relives the pain. i hope this answers your query. further query or doubts you can write to me. take care. dr.farah XXXXXXX
Follow-up: Suggest a quick remedy for aching in lower bottom teeth and pain in gum area 15 hours later
Hello Doctor, The mentioned tablets need to be taken 2 or 3 times a day?
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 14 hours later
Brief Answer: two times a day Detailed Answer: Hello; Augmentin 375mg along with analgesics like aceclofenac paracetamol twice daily after food will be enough dose .