Suggest OTC medication for UTI
User rating for this question
I believe i have a UTI. I took the home test and it came back positive. Is there an over the counter medicine for this?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: GET URINE CULTURE DONE AND PROCEED ACCORDINGLY. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. UTI is urinary tract infection. Basically it is due to a particular organism. There cannot be OTC treatment for this. You need to have a urine culture testing done, which will isolate the particular offending organism. ANtibiotics have to be targetted against the specific agent. Taking empirical drugs will make the infection resistant. So please have a urine culture test done, and proceed accordingly. IN general, take atleast 4 - 5 litres of fluids daily. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Suggest OTC medication for UTI 8 minutes later
Where do i go to have this testing done? My doctor recently retired and closed his office. Do i need to go to a hospital or can I go to a drug store clinic?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 hours later
Brief Answer: DONE AT HOSPITAL Detailed Answer: No it cannot be done at a drug store clinic. You need to contact a hospital for the same.
People also viewed
- Suggest otc medication for anxiety
- Tri sprintec and sulfameth
- Drugs/medication for uti
- Why do my hands itch when cold
- Suggest otc medication for uti
- Urticaria splenectomy
- Heart flip flop from dehydration
- Side effects of uti medication
- Unusually sweaty genitalia
- Usage of uti medication
- Sulfameth trimethoprim for tonsillits
- Vasograin tablet for what
- Yaz supraventricular tachycardia
- Sudden drop in childrens body temperature
- Waxy and tingling tongue