Sugges treatment for pre diabetes

I have sugar level 125 fasting 145PP. Weight 86kg and height 5.6feet. Metformin 500gm will be helpfull and how many tablets do I have to take?
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Metformin Not Indicated at present Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. With the readings that you have mentioned i would classify under Pre-Diabetes (Impaired fasting Glucose). Tell me if you have any family history of diabetes. I would not recommend Metformin treatment at this stage. I recommend you following : 1. HbA1C (Glycosylated Hemoglobin) 2. Lipid Profile. 3. Dietary modifications 4. Reduce at least 5 kgs of weight in next 4-6 months. 5. Daily Exercises. No drug treatment is indicated at present. Review with us with your reports. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD