Sugar level very high. What should I do now?

hi, yesterday i went to a medical camp where they were doing the free sugar level check up for everyone.
my sugar level fasting came 400
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 21 minutes later

Your blood sugar is definitely high. Do not panic. At times there can be false high readings with some blood glucose testing meters.

Correct measurement depends up on lots of factors. It is not necessary that the reading is incorrect.

But, you need to confirm it with some standard lab.

Please talk to your doctor and go for fasting sugar, post meal 2 hours sugar and Glycosylated Hb(this test gives average sugar reading of last 90 days).

After report this one can come to any conclusion.

This much high sugar, without any symptoms is not common, still must not be ignored.

Please get this reports done.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Wishing you best of health.