Sugar level 122 fasting, 190 pp, play badminton. Medicine?

i am 49 yr. old and 78 kh wt. with5'11" ht.
I am suffering with high sugar and had been taking one gluconorm at night for last seven months.I play badminton in the morning almost 15 days a month. pl. suggest me the medicine or the next course of action as my sugar level is about 122 fasting and 190 pp
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 2 hours later

The fasting sugars level should be target below 100mg/dl while on treatment. Also the blood pressure should be target below 130/80 mm Hg.

Gluconorm is Repaglinide, Since you are using single drug, a combination can be helpful involving drugs like Metformin or Rosiglitazone along with the Repaglinide will be good, in addition to above high sugars can be controlled with diet, exercise(as you are playing badminton, and weight reduction.

Consult with your treating physician for the change of the treatment and blood sugars should be checked before changing in the medications.

Certain Blood test can be done if not done earlier , the test are Hb1Ac , Blood cholesterol level.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.