Suffers stomach ache. Suggested intestine problem. Having pain. Suggest medication?

Hi Doctor, My wife suffers stomech ache problem in frequent intervels ( every 6-7 months) since the year 2006. So far she has suffered this problem 7-8 times since the year 2006. We have been visiting doctors but there is no improvement. During our last visit on the day the pain occured, we visited the doctor and were suggested to go thru ultra sound. Nothing serious was diagnosed and doctor suggested that this could be due to intestine problem. DROTIN DS tablet was suggested to be taken thrice a day if pain occurs again. Today she is again experiencing the pain and one tablet of DROTIN DS is already given an hour back. The pain again lasted for 1 and a half hour today.
This pain appears suddenly on the whole stomech. and lasts for almost 1- 2 hours. Can u pls suggest any medication for this.
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more information to give a better opinion

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.Ratnakar kini and I am pleased to assist you.

I went through your post about your wife having recurrent abdominal pain.
One of the possibilities is peptic ulcer disease.

But I need some more information so that I can give a better opinion.

1. Which part of the stomach is she getting the pain - upper or lower?
2. What type of pain is it? ( For example... burning pain)
3. Is there anything that relieves/worsens the pain?
4. Does food intake relieves pain?
5. Does Drotin DS provide relief?
6. Any history of surgery?
7. What are the tests done so far other than ultrasound scan?

Kindly get back to me with these information and I would give my opinion.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini