Suffering with throat infection and cold. Is it safe to take dolo and novamax?

Jul 2012

Since 3 days I am suffering with throat infection and cold. Since yesterday I started using tablets Dolo and Novamax. Can you suggest better medication or should I continue with that?

Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 17 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
Please continue. It seems you have a viral infection with secondary bacterial infection.
You may want to give warm saline gargles a try & steaming if your upper passages are congested.
Drink lots of fluids & fruit juices to keep the hydration going & at room temperature.
You should be better in 24 hrs.
Good Luck & wish you good health!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD