Suffering with strep throat, have redness and irritation in mouth, horrible taste in mouth, lower facial swelling. Cause?

I have strep throat. At the same time the inside of my mouth was bright red and irritated. Particularly after eating. Color is normal now but I have a horrible taste in my mouth and it feels strange inside. (I also experienced severe lower facial swelling, which may or may not be connected)
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

The symptoms you mention are typically seen in throat infection with pathogens like Streptococcus.

This if not treated can lead to lower antiseptic solution like CHLORHEXIDINE twice daily after food. This will prevent the progression of the infection.

Also you may have to be put on antibiotics like Azithromycin for 5 days. Do discuss with your treating doctor about the same and get the antibiotics prescribed.

Meanwhile do avoid cold foods, drink water which is warm and well filtered.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.