Suffering with running nose. Allergic to cold weather. Polyps removed. Any treatment?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
i am suffering with running nose, i am allergic to cold weather , what shall i do, since 10-15 years i am suffering with cold in winter season and in other seson cold will be less, and i gone though surgery and polyps removed but then also i am getting cold and cough
Posted Sun, 23 Dec 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 3 hours later

I understand your concern, but I would like to clarify a few issues here:

1. First of all you should know that having undergone surgery for polyps does not mean that there will be no attacks of cold in the future.

2. Secondly, you have mentioned the names of three medicines - cetrizine, coldact and sinarrest. Are you taking all of these medicines or any one of them? Please clarify. Also mention the names of the medicines prescribed by your doctor.

3. You should give importance to increasing your immunity against such episodes. Do regular exercise daily in fresh air. Eat fresh vegetables and fruits mainly citrus fruits. Yoga will also help in boosting your immunity.

4. It will be helpful if you get your Complete Blood Count (CBC) done along with Absolute Eosinophil Count. Medical treatment can be planned according to the reports and after knowing the present medication you are taking.

I hope this is useful to you. Let me know if I can be of other guidance

Regards and Thanks.