Suffering with premature ejaculation. Can it be due to thyroid problem?

My husband has a thyroid gland the middle one! He is feeling down because of his sperm comes out very quickly during sex for years! He is not happy and he wants a bit long! How can I help him? Is he suffering with premature ejucation? We are happily married for 10 years with 4 daughters. We both are deaf. Email me at YYYY@YYYY or text me at 0000. Thanks
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 15 hours later
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with the quality of sexual life. Premature ejaculation is a common enough is defined as ejaculation prior to full vaginal penetration or even complete erection. The classic treatment for the same is master and XXXXXXX technique. It is based on behavioural exercises thought simultaneously to both of you. You can learn the same from a trained psychiatrist. Additional ly drugs like fluoxetine in the dosage of 20 mg per day might be helpful for premature ejaculation. Wish you happy sexual life. Do clarify anything else that you might wish to clarify.
Dr Sundar
Specialist psychosexual disorders
Follow-up: Suffering with premature ejaculation. Can it be due to thyroid problem? 2 hours later
Do I have to ask my GP to get prescription for that tablet? Or I get it fro chemist?

Does he take fluoxeline every day or for a while?

Thanks for your help
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 1 hour later
He would have to take it for a while on daily basis. You would require a physician prescription for the same as it is no t a over the counter drug. Hope you are clear now.
Dr Sundar