Suffering with itching on crotch, used ring guard cured and again formed on bums and abdomen area. Suggest?

hello Doctor, this is XXXXX. my problem is, from so many days I am suffering with itching on my crotch. I used a ring guard for this issue. It got cured at that time. But again it formed on my bums area and now its also on my abdomen area. That area turned into some kind of white colored skin. Plz suggest me the cure.
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 hours later

I can understand your concern.

From the description you have provided, I understand that you have ringworm on your buttocks, abdomen.
The best treatment for it is application of terbinafine cream. The itching can be controlled by taking an anti histamine like levocetrizine.

Ringworm is a fungal infection. Fungus grows in conditions of heat and humidity. Hence its important to maintain good hygiene by bathing twice a day.

I would request you to send me a picture of the colour change that you have mentioned, also of the rash if possible as that would help me in diagnosing your concern better.

In dermatology, it's difficult to actually comment on a rash without seeing the rash itself.

Please let me know if you have any queries.