Suffering with heavy cold, sore throat, glands under jaw are sore. Have anxiety. Suggest?

ENT Specialist
i am currently suffering with a heavy cold..had it since weednesday..had a sore throat before that for couple of glands under my jaw are sore is this natural for glands to come up with this infection
i have a health anxiety problem and generally worry about glands been sinister
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Inflammatory swelling (Gland)

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
Thank you for your query
I have gone through your query; it suggests that you are probably suffering from the inflammatory swelling (Glands under your jaw) i.e. natural, response of inflammation.
You are on the good treatment, don’t worry about the glands because it takes about 3 weeks to completely subside.
To rule out the other disease (if symptoms does not improve after three days of the treatment), you may go for
1. Serum amylase level
2. Ultrasound neck
3. If necessary, FNAC of the glands

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.
Wish you good health