Suffering with exercise related asthma, consistent glandular fever. Safe to participate in sports?

Dec 2012

Yes please. I have a son who has both exercise related asthma and who has had glandular fever for the past six weeks. He is sixteen years and has this week been called to the panel for our County team. I'm worried letting him to take part on this team eventhough it's all he ever wanted. Is it too soon to let him play or is there any advice you can give me.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thanks for posting,
Well if your son is clinically stable i.e presenting no more symptoms of glandular fever or mono I suggest that with respect to that you should see a doctor first before he can indulge in XXXXXXX intense physical exercise. Ones doctor is certain that the mono can not cause him serious issues then he/she would provide you with guidance on how your son has to exercise. I am a lottle worried about his asthma as intense physical exercise and emotional stress can provoke serious crisis while he is playing. I suggest he should consider his health first (eventhough i understand as a teenager he would be difficult to handle. I suggest you get hom to a pediatrician for proper decision concerning his health and sporting.
Hope your son gets a good help.

Dr. Nsah