Suffering with esophageal cancer, on chemotherapy. Can homeopathic medicines be continued with chemo?

My dad is suffering from Esophegal Cancer. The oncologist here had given him a chemo therapy on 6th May 2012. I am attaching all the reports relevant. We have also had a CBP test on 17th May, as per the advise. My query: We have recntly contacted Dr. Prasanth Banarjee (Homeopathy - Kolkata). He has given us medicines for 2 months, and said it can also be treated without a chemotherapy. My qustions are:

1. Can we continue the chemotherapy sessions (2nd one atleast), together with the homeopathic medicines. Are there any problems?

2. If we dont go ahead with the second chemo therapy, and start taking the homeopathic medicines, is it fine? (assuming the allopathic medicines are fine)

3. I understand homeopathy is different from allopathy. And you maynot want me to continue with homeopathy. But honestly the feedback has been very good regarding the Doctor. In fact an oncologist from Mumbai suggested us for him. Can you please provide an honest feedback for him, if you may know anything about him. Also if you know any cases he has treated.

Thanks in advance!
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Cancer
Follow-up: Suffering with esophageal cancer, on chemotherapy. Can homeopathic medicines be continued with chemo? 12 minutes later
Would be 6th May 2013.
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 33 minutes later
It appears that your dad is suffering from advanced esophageal cancer. Chemotherapy is only of palliative nature in this setting, ie only to control it for some time, not to cure it.
Alternative medicines like homeopathy have much claims but they lack scientific evidence. I agree that chemo is highly imperfect but that does not mean that alternative medicines are any better. If the chemo is worsening the quality of life you may consider stopping it but dont stop it thinking that homeo is going to take care of everything.

You may continue the homeo along with chemo as I have allowed few of my patients to do it and did not find any unexpected adversity.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer any followup queries.