Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering with erectile dysfunction. Diagnosed less blood flow in penis. Prescribed Nano Leo and tazzle. Permanent solution?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
hi doctor,

This is XXXXXXX I am 25 year old. I am married some days ago but I think I am suffering with erectile dysfunction. After first ejaculation my penis seems died. I dont feel any sensation after that.
I sometime ejaculate as soon as I insert penis in vagina but I had maximum 9 minute sex continuously.
I have a penis doppler test with following result :
Flaccid phase PSV EDV RI
Right Side 10.5 1.7 0.83
Left Side 8.7 1.7 0.80
ERECT PHASE PSV EDV RI
Right Side 21.7 2.4 0.89
Left Side 24.5 3.1 0.87

Doctor told me that I have less blood flow in penis. and suggested me Nano Leo and tazzle 10 mg for 3 months.

Can anybody tell me do I need to take these medicine always? Whether report shows the less blood flow? Is there any permanent solution?
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts and report of your Penile Doppler Ultrasound scanning that you have posted it appears that you have problem of erectile dysfunction.
Your penile Doppler Scanning revealed PSV less than 25 suggesting of arterial insufficiency meaning thereby there is less blood flow to the corpora cavernosa being the cause of ED.

You have been prescribed herbal medicine Nano Leo along with Tazzzle for three months.
These medications are being used since centuries but there is no scientific data about the efficacy and results of these drugs.You have to decide regarding the duration of treatment based on your own experience.

Please consult vascular surgeon to assess general status of your vascular system specifically to know any tendency for atherosclerosis.(Narrowing of Blood Vessels).

There is very limited role for medications in ED due to arteriogenic insufficiency.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Suffering with erectile dysfunction. Diagnosed less blood flow in penis. Prescribed Nano Leo and tazzle. Permanent solution? 1 hour later
Is it curable?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Unfortunately there are no medications that can cure arterial insufficiency.However one can have normal sexual life with implantation of penile implants in corpora cavernosa and can have children if there are no issues with fertility.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Suffering with erectile dysfunction. Diagnosed less blood flow in penis. Prescribed Nano Leo and tazzle. Permanent solution? 20 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for the reply. But I am little curious about the reports whatever I have attached in the question.
1) Whether you have studied the reports because I have seen that all other report like cardiac test and blood test seems fine to me.
2) I have seen by some research after you told that I have arterial disease . It seems that after 3-4 months PDE5 inhibitor treatment there are improvement in PSV.

Thanks.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Hello
Thanks for fresh query.
My comments are based on the report that you have posted.
The value of PSV are suggestive of arterial insufficiency .Since your values are on the border line you can certainly try PDE5 drugs and observe the effect of these drug yourself rather than relying on PSV values reported on tests.
Thanks and Regards
DR..Patil.