Suffering with chronic condition of diabetes gastroparesis. Chills sweats, nausea and stomach pain. Taking Erythromycin. Suggestions?

General Surgeon
I am suffering with a chronic condition of diabetes gastroparess. I have had it a few months. I am very sick. Chills sweats, no fever, extended stomach, nausea, some stomach pains. What can I do! Bile is in stomach area. Want turn loose. Dr. gave me Reglan could not take. Now on Erythromycin. Dr. told me I might have to live with it. No way.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should keep your blood sugar under control

Detailed Answer:
Diabetes is the commonest cause of Gastroperesis.
You should keep your blood sugar under control.Insulin dosage should be adjusted.
You should take low residue diet,low fiber diet.
The movement of the stomach and intestines will be slow.So,there will be fullness of stomach.
Please take small frequent feeds
I prefer Rabeprazole and Itopride to my patients with similar complaints.
So,instead of Reglan(Metaclopromide)/Erythromycin,you can take Itopride if available with doctor's suggestion.Some people will develop severe stomach problem like gastritis with erythromycin
Sweats,chills can be due to low blood sugar levels.
Frequent feeds will avoid this
Wish you good health