Suffering with back pain since first pregnancy. Undergone C-section. Can yoga, exercises help?

Hi,I am suffering with back pain since my first second child is of 5 months old and I am feeding him.Both the times I have undergone C-section.I am looking for your suggestion to reduce my back pain like exercises,yoga.Does sleeping on the floor helps?
Posted Thu, 14 Jun 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

Lower back pain after epidural or spinal anesthesia of C section is more likely to be caused by a recent injury, heavy lifting, poor posture or positioning (such as during sleep or while carrying a backpack), or stress on the bones or muscles. Certain conditions of the spine or other parts of the body such as arthritis, scoliosis, ankylosing spondylitis, infections and tumors may also cause back pain.

First of all, Special imaging studies (such as an X-ray, CT scan or MRI) or blood tests may be needed to diagnose the condition.

Till that time, try the following treatment options:

1)     Pay attention to your posture and sit and stand up straight.

2)     Always bend from your knees and lift objects and children from a crouching position to minimize the stress on your back.

3)     Also position yourself properly while nursing, and always bring your baby to your breast.

4)     Wrap a heating pad or hot pack around the affected area.

5)     Eat a healthy diet and take some anti inflammatory pain killers after consulting your doctor.

6)     You may respond well to physical therapy. Plus, a physical therapist can teach you exercises to do on your own that will help prevent later episodes of low back pain.

Hope this answers your query.

If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer if you do not have any follow up query.