Suffering with anxiety, hot flushes,disturbing obsessive thoughts, difficulty sleeping, panic attacks. How to overcome this ?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
hi i have been suffereing with minor anxiety on and off for years i am 20 year old man. my aniexty is all about my health when i was a kid i had a big phobia of vomiting and it ruled my life for about 2 years the doctors said i was depressed due to parents splitting up, any how i have suffered and been able to cope for alot of years and forgot about it for about 5 year. about one year ago i took a drug for the first time and ino it was a massive stupid mistake the drug being coke. only twice i had it and i had a massive panic attack and it trigered my aniexty again and again i started worrying about my health and statred looking on the internet about different symptoms for cancer and brain tumors and heppititus and all kinds of things and thought i had symptoms for everything and this caused massive stress and worry and general aniexty for a while then i started thinking am i going mad started looking up symptoms of mental illnesses such as psycotic disorders and schizophrenia and started telling myself what if i get that what if i go mad and hurt someone after a while i started picturing myself hurting people i love which i never ever would and started getting really stressed of these disturbing thoughts and they became habbit just popping in my head when i didnt want them to after trying to push them out of my head so much it caused me to worsen and be depressed and in a constant anxious state of worry if i am going mad and going to loose control and hurt someone which i never ever would do!! now the thoughts just come aspecially when i am in a anxious state and a carnt cope anymore its ruling my life i feel like i am having a mental brake down i have symptoms such as feeling spaced out, hot flushes,disturbing obsessive thoughts unwanted, difficulty sleeping, panic attacks, feel like crying, feelings of never going to get beter, feel like am going to loose control, think i am going mad, constant worrying about it, unable to concentrate, when half asleep have mind chatter and dreamlike conversations from the day that dont make sense, jumping when half asleep, depression, i have also noticed when i was with my freinds and feeling happy i forget about it and it goes away for a while then comes back usually at night when i sit and overthink. please help thankyou XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Follow-up: Suffering with anxiety, hot flushes,disturbing obsessive thoughts, difficulty sleeping, panic attacks. How to overcome this ? 16 minutes later
also i have lost interest in everything at the minute and struggle to go to work its just the worry that i might loose it and hurt someone which i wouldn't hurt a fly and the obsessive horrible thoughts these are whats causing the anxiety and depressing feelings i think if i just new it all just anxiety and am not going to get these horrible mental illnesses i would be alot better
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 4 hours later
I understand your concerns a vigilant and health conscious individual.
Yes, it's true that your symptoms are suggestive of a anxiety neurosis but there are certain symptoms of next most important step is to seek professional help as soon as possible.
Blaming it on anxiety might make you feel good temporarily( the way you feel when enjoying with friends )but it can make you avoid consulting a psychiatrist and this is very harmful in the long run . The more you try to deal with your problems alone the more complicated the problem might become . So the best positive step you can take next in making yourself feel good as well as moving towards a normal and happy life is to seek professional counselling by your therapist.
These neurosis and other psychotic symptoms are due to chemical imbalances in the brain and many a times medications might help you in faster recovery.
Hope I have answered your query.