Suffering with anxiety and stress. Medicine to be used and its dosage?

Psychiatrist
Question
I HAVE A HARD WHITE HARD CAPSULE LOOKING, FOR STRESS BUT ID LIKE TO MORE ABOUT IT. ITS A HARD WHITE CAPSULE ON THE FRONT IT SAYS "NT". ON THE OTHER SIDE IT SAYS "HYL" PLEASE HELP ME OUT I HAVE HORRIBLE ANXIETY AND STRESS PROBLEMS. THEY WERE BOUGHT OVER THE COUNTER AND NOT SURE OF THE RECOMMENED DOSAGE. I DONT WANT TO BECOME A DRUGGIE. PLASE ADVISE
CAN U HARM URSELF WITH THES PILLS ALSO. I WORK ALOT AND CANT AFFORD TO BE IN THE WRONG STATE OF MIND.. UNLESS IT CURES ANXIETY
THANKS XXXXXXX
THANKS
XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for your query. It is not possible to exactly point the content of drug with your description. However it is most likely to be a benzodiazepine sedative which has anti anxiety properties. I would strongly recommend against over the counter medication for anxiety. Drugs like sedatives are habit forming and life threatening in relation to overdosage. I would suggest you undergo a thorough psychiatric evaluation for anxiety symptoms. The treatment for anxiety disorders consist of
1. Anti anxiety medication like SSRIs
2. Psychotherapy techniques like CBT or Cognitive behavioral therapy
Yoga meditation and breathing relaxation exercises are likely to be beneficial. Wish you good health and early recovery.
Dr XXXXXXX
Psychiatrist