Suffering with acute frequent colds. Have high IGE levels. Taking citrizine. What should I do?

Allergist and Immunologist
Suffering for last 4 years with acute frequent colds, I have very high IGE levels, taking daily citrizine, what should i do now
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Suman Kumar 2 hours later

Get Blood serum tested for specific antibodies for certain foods like milk, wheat, rice, egg, channa, etc. You can get some common pollen and dust allergens. IgE levels of particular allergen will be found - that can determine the causative allergens.

For the particular allergen to which you have more IgE levels, you can get treated with prepared sublingual immunotherapy. Low dose sublingual immunotherapy is the choice of treatment now days.

The aforementioned type of treatment can be done under consultation of an allergist and immunologist. So please plan a visit to an allergist.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Follow-up: Suffering with acute frequent colds. Have high IGE levels. Taking citrizine. What should I do? 13 hours later
Where can I find a good allergist in East delhi?
Answered by Dr. Suman Kumar 29 hours later
Hi and thanks again,

You can contact Mr. XXXXXX; he will advise you where to give sample at New Delhi - the test is done at Ahmedabad. Based on the report, we can make sublingual medicine which cure allergies.

Or alternately you can send sample - about 2 ml blood serum samples with the help of any laboratory and you can courier it to my clinic. As I am doing the test, you will get report and formula for getting immunotherapy.

This tests will be complimentary (no charges) on behalf of XXXXXXX team.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other enquiries.