Suffering with acute bronchitis. Taking Claribd, Glevo and montewok. Pain in right side of chest. Suggest the medication?

Question
hi i am suffering with Acute bronchities and i consulted general physician and chest specialist as per them i am using folling medications
Claribd-500mg
Glevo-500
montewok -LC
Reswas-Syrup

my cough has come under control but i am feeeling pain at my righ ide chest and even i take breath also please advise me what i need medications for that.
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
suggests inflammation of pleura

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking question on health care magic
you are suffering from chest pain while on treatment that too while taking breath suggests that pleura are inflamed
it needs change of antibiotic and pain relieving drugs like paracetamol/ibuprofen
amoxycillin and clavulanic acid is a better combination
better take these medicines as suggested by your physician
if the cough is severe you take beta agonists like salbutamol through nebulistion or through inhalers
usually you get relief within 3-4 days
please feel free to write to me if you have any more querries
i wish you a speedy recovery
Hope this answer will serve your purpose
Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD;DCH
Associate professor of pediatrics

Follow-up: Suffering with acute bronchitis. Taking Claribd, Glevo and montewok. Pain in right side of chest. Suggest the medication? 26 hours later
my cough is not so severe but only problem i am feeling pain at right side of my chest .
while sleeping Right side and while coughing and while taking deep breath.
suppose if press at my right chest i am feeling same pain. i donot under stand this pain please advise me on this

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pleuritis most likely

Detailed Answer:

If the cough is not troubling you much and chest pain only is your problem, it can be due to

1. inflammation of pleura (pleuritis)
2.pneumonic consolidation
3. missed rib fracture (plese try to remember if you sustained any fall or injury)

if these conditions have been ruled out by your physician better consult a cardiologist to rule out any ischemic heat disease (atypical presentation).

if you use any preparation containing paracetamol+ diclofenac it will temorarily reduce pain.

x-ray and ecg taken with you doctors advice.

i shall be happy to answer any more queries you have.

Hope this answer will serve your purpose.

Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD;DCH
Associate professor of pediatrics