Suffering sneezing runny nose, itchy eyes, dry cough and itchy moist ears. Could this be allergy related?

Hi I've been suffering with a persistant dry cough that sort of squeeks at the end of the cough it's high up in my chest and throat area I had chest xray in early Sept 2013 my Dr, thought I might have the beginings of pneumonia but called back after the radiologist read the xray he said probably bronchitis . I was put on doxycycline and felt a little better but the cough never completely went away so I went back to my Dr. but he was on vacation and saw the nurse practitioner and she said my oxgen level was very good and my chest sounded clear ,but she put me on Zpack I felt somewhat better the sick fatigue felt better and they gave me a 14 dose trial of Advair which I felt didn't do much and sometimes made my cough worse . I am suffering from fall allergies sneezing runny nose itchy eyes and itchy moist ears . could this be all allergy related or something else ? p.s I never had a temp my temp was actually low 96% sometimes I was hot and then chilly , not now , just the dry cough.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that the history is suggestive of allergic etiology . It is quite probable that you may be having allergic bronchitis . Absence of fever also suggests that you are having allergic etiology , if it would have been bacterial or viral infection fever had to be there . Still I would advise you to see a pulmonologist .A chest X ray , CBC , sputum r/m and c/s is required . Absolute eosinophil count , IgE levels will be helpful in making a diagnosis of allergic etiology .Kindly seek medical help . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Suffering sneezing runny nose, itchy eyes, dry cough and itchy moist ears. Could this be allergy related? 1 hour later
thank you Dr. I will do that.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for asking the question . Its my pleasure if I would have been of any help to you . Dr. Shruti