Suffering hard stools. Not eat properly. What can be done?

Jun 2015

best medicine for feel me pressure to go latrine .because it very hard for me to come pressure after 2-3 days? I'm 26 years old,male. and problem am facing from past one year. almost i loose my front head hairs and most of the hair is become white. Also after 2-3 days latrine not comes clear. for this reason am not eating food properly. please help me ASAP
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 7 hours later

I have gone through the post in which you have expressed concerns regarding incomplete evacuation of bowel (constipation) as well as hair loss & graying of hair.

A. Causes of Constipation include:
1. Functional cause- due to decreased gastric motility
2. Irritable bowel syndrome- constipation predominant type, it is also associated with pain in abdomen.
3. Dietary factors- like less consumption of fiber XXXXXXX foods
4. Inadequate hydration state of the body- due to less fluid intake
5. Prolonged use of certain medications like opioid analgesics, antacids, etc.
6. Hormonal & Metabolic causes like Hypothyroidsm, Diabetes, etc.
7. Any obstruction in the Gastrointestinal tract.
8. Stress & sedentary life style.

Though symptomatic relief can be obtained by intake of Laxatives, their regular use is not advised to prevent dependency & other unwanted side effects.
However, as long as the underlying cause is not treated, symptoms will keep recurring.

So, kindly consult a Gastroenterologist & get a proper physical examination done.
Investigations like Ultrasound scan of abdomen, Colonoscopy & contrast studies will be helpful to rule out any pathology in the Gastrointestinal tract.

B. Causes of hair loss & greying of hair are:
1. Environmental factors
2. Stress
3. Deficiency of certain minerals, vitamins & amino acids in diet. e.g. Iron, zinc, Vit B complex, lysine.
4. Hormonal factors. e.g. Thyroxine
5. Any incidence of surgery, shock, etc.

Management includes:
1. Treating the underlying cause
2. Avoidance of stress
3. Dietary modifications
4. Minoxidil solution to be applied locally to stimulate the hair follicles
5. Multivitamin & multi mineral supplementation.

So, it will be better to consult a Dermatologist to find out the underlying cause & start treatment accordingly.
Those cases which do not respond to medical therapy, are managed by hair transplantation.

C. Not eating foods properly will not solve this problem.

So, kindly take a healthy balanced diet XXXXXXX in fibres like fruits, vegetables, legumes & maintain proper hydration by intake of good amount of fluids.

There is no need to worry, you will be fine.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.
Follow-up: Suffering hard stools. Not eat properly. What can be done? 15 hours later
Thanks Dr. Polash.
I'll consult a Gastroenterologist at the earliest.
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 11 hours later

You are most welcome.

Wishing you a Good Health.

Dr. Polash Sannigrahi