Suffering hair loss, receding hairline. Using minioxdil. Is it male pattern baldness? Get myself diagnosed?

I am suffering hair loss and my hairline is receding from age of 18. I was using minioxdil solution usp 5% for one year which showed improvement and stopped using it. Now from last 3 months during summer season, hairline has receded drastically near my crown region. I have started using the same solution from last 2 weeks. Should i get my hairfall diagnosed and opt for a new treatment. I was considering Dr health(Dr XXXXXXX shamsher) from bangalore for consultation. Do you suggest any other doctor for hair thinning treatment. I think i m in 2 phase of male pattern baldness.
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later

I understand your concern and will try to help you.
Male hair loss is the most common type of hair loss.
It's caused by increased sensitivity to male sex hormones (androgens) in certain parts of the scalp, and is passed on from generation to generation.The hormones make the hair follicles – from which hair grows – shrink. Eventually, they become so small that they cannot replace lost hairs. The follicles are still alive, but are no longer able to perform their task.
The condition usually starts in men aged 20 to 30 and follows a typical pattern.
First, a receding hairline develops, and gradually the hair on top of the head also begins to thin.
Eventually, the two balding areas XXXXXXX to form a typical U-shape around the back and sides of the head.Baldness is generally regarded as natural, and not a disease.
Male hair loss is genetically determined (passed on from parents). Although a doctor can offer medical treatment to improve the condition.

Since you have already tried medications,the best and permanent treatment is 
Plastic surgery

Plastic surgery may be the only reliable way to replace lost hair, and techniques for restoring hair growth are constantly improving. These include:
1 A transplant, where the surgeon moves non-sensitive hairs from the back of the head to the top. This is best for men whose hair loss is limited to the front of the scalp. Factors that determine whether a person is a suitable candidate include age, hair colour, the nature of hair loss, and whether the hair type is straight or curly.
2 Scalp reduction, a technique that is most suitable for men with a small, well-defined bald spot on the top of the head.
3  flap-surgery, which involves making the part of the scalp that still contains hair larger. This is a possibility in cases of hair loss over a small area.

You may consult the doctor as you suggested or may Consult a good hair clinic for this purpose.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck