Suffering from worms in intestine. Suggest some effective medicine

I am suffering from worms in my intestine. I feel worms crawling in the rectum. Specially when ever I eat something sweet or drink water etc. from outside. I am suffering from this for more than 6 months. However I do not see the worms in the faecal matter (stool).
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 33 minutes later

Reading your history, I would advice you to go for a stool routine and micro examination along with stool occult blood.
This would give an idea whether actually you have worms in your intestine or not.

Your symptoms are suggestive of intestinal infestation. According to the stool report, your family physician would be able to prescribe you medication.

Till then avoid outside food, and drink plenty of water.

Don't worry, take care.

Dr. Rishma Lakhani