Suffering from weakness and lack of energy. Prescribed methcobal injection. Suggest alternate medicine

Question
I am 43 yrs old (male). I have been suffering from Weakness and Lack of energy. My test results are as follows:
For Vitamin D25(OH) - 10.7
For Vitamin B12 - 88.2

The Doctors have prescribed me 6 Methcobal Injections on every alternate day, and Calciro (1g Sachets).

Will I need to continue taking the injections throughout my life, if I start once?
And prescribe alternate medicine,if required.
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 25 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The serum levels of B12 and D-25 are in lower ranges.
Please note that these levels are insufficient to explain your weakness.
May be you are having an anemia concurrently.
The best source of B12 is animal products meat, egg, milk, cheese, and gut bacteria also produce good amount.
If you go in open sun for a walk for about 15minutes a day you can have good amount of vit.D12 from your skin itself.
Please get a CBC, RFT, LFT, Stool examination, Detailed examination of Peripheral blood smear.
There may be some cause leading to all these problems, these investigations would give good leads to diagnosis.
By taking the injections B12 and calcium you are just replacing the losses and not attending the root cause. Let us work on it to solve the root cause.
There is no need to take injB12. in your case;
Take tab. Supradyn 1tab. daily giving you all the vitamins and calcium till you get better.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Suffering from weakness and lack of energy. Prescribed methcobal injection. Suggest alternate medicine 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

I had taken 1 (one) B12 (Methcobal) injection on 11th Sept'12 evening (day before yesterday).Now i want to follow your advice & prescribe medicine.So,now should i stop taking injection & start taking medicine. So Kindly advice me for the same.

*** If i discontinue the Injection is their any side effect for that (Only 1 B12 (Methcobal) injection taken till today .

XXXXXXX
Dear Sir,

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
You can discontinue the injections and start the oral treatment, take it regularly.
Whether you take inj or oral treatments they both are slow to act, usually take weeks time to work so keep patience and soon get the tests done because if you delay the important findings may be altered with treatment.
Wish you a great health!