Suffering from watery stools, headache, dry cough, low appetite and chills. Is this due to virus?
User rating for this question
3 days ago woke up with acid reflux more than usual. i take protonix everyday. later in the day i couldnt eat much before feeling full or sick. later in the evening had lots of watery stools, chills, GERD. next day a litlle better, appetite still low, watery stools began later in the evening. today the chills are gone, the gerd is low, my appetite is better than yesterday. thought i was better until passing gas lead to more watery stools, some cramping. havnt had a normal bale movement since wednesday. been taking some imodium at night. is this a virus or soemthing else? also have been experiencing dry cough and some sinus headaches the whole time.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Gastroenteritis seems to be viral origin Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX In my opinion watery diarrhea (with or without vomiting), headache, chills usually appear after 12 to 48 hours of exposure to gastroenteritis causing virus and subsides within 1 to 3 days. Imodium reduces the bowel movement and gives symptomatic relief.However normal bowel should restore within a day or two.Viral gastroenteritis resolve over time without specific treatment. Antibiotics are not effective against viral infections.Drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration. However, you may need a consultation with your doctor if you are having high fever, increasing bowel movement, tiredness etc. Hope this answers your query. Keep us posted for further queries.
People also viewed
- Is milk of magnesia safe for infants
- Is it okay to eat worms in fruit
- Natural foods to lower sgpt
- Undigested food in stool and weight loss
- Headache vomiting loose watery stools
- Food stuck in lung
- Palpertations headache and dry cough
- Is it normal to get diarrhea around your period
- Is taking pepto bismol everyday bad for you
- Headache stomach ache watery stool
- Foods that make vagina moist
- Newborn coughing with watery stool
- Headache and watery stool
- Is taking a 3 hour nap bad
- Lump on food vein