Suffering from vocal tics. Coughs and clears throat. Twitching on face. Suggest the medication?

XXXXXXX suffers vocal tics that is making everybody's life miserable. (he repeats "holy cow" constantly and coughs and clears his throat., and twitches his face) what drug will remedy his condition?
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult a psychiatrist

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you s much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this tics and the inconveniences it has caused.

There's no cure for Tourette syndrome. Treatment is intended to help control tics that interfere with everyday activities and functioning. When tics aren't severe, treatment may be unnecessary.

Drugs that block or deplete the neurotransmitter dopamine in the brain, such as fluphenazine, haloperidol, alongside clonidine and some anti depressants can be used. In addition to drugs, psychotherapy and behavioral therapy and very helpful in reducing the intensity of these tics.

My advice is that you get evaluated by a psychiatrist to confirm the suspicion and propose a treatment plan. All the drugs are prescription medications and require a prescription. Beside we don't directly prescribe to clients online because we have not examine you which is very important.

I hope this helps. Thank you for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish him well.
Dr. Ditah, MD