Suffering from viral fever. Treated with cifran and imol. Having slight itching sensation all over body. Advise?

My wife 56 years old. last 4 days suffering from viral fever. treated with CIFRAN and IMOL. fever has come down. now normal. But she has slight itching sensation all over the body. I have given half tablet ALERID. Can I also give DECDAN tablet? She has taken dinner. It is bed time now 11.30PM in india. TY for the anticipated response. She is about to sleep now. The query is about giving a medicine now. Can I get a response now pl.? instead of 24 hrs later.

Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes sir, you may

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

My sincere apologies for the delay. Decdan is a steroid that is usually prescribed to prevent any inflammation. Prescribed in different conditions, even allergic reactions. It can be given to your wife as well, as she is experiencing itching which will result in slight inflammation of her skin.

But, I would like to add that if she has a viral infection, her liver could be affected, which could be causing the itching (called pruritus), in such a scenario steroid creams would be better, but you can use the steroid pill as well. So please go ahead.

Other remedies to relieve the itch are:
-Moisturizing creams/lotions
-Soaking in lukewarm water
-Use humidifier in the room
-Comfortable loose clothing
-Cold compress or ice on affected region

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

Best wishes.