Suffering from vestibular disease. CT scan showed cerebellar atrophy. Recent scan showed mild atrophic changes with ventricular prominence. Help?

Apr 2014

Hi! I am XXXXXXX Ghosh. Age 35. I am suffering from vestibular disease for last 1 & half years. on the year 2012 one CT scan of my brain showed cerebral/cerebellar atrophy. That time i was having problem in speaking, walking. severe nausea was there. later i checked up with a neuro hospital. there they did an MRI of brain and denied the previous report of cerebral atrophy. then i was detected with vestibular problem. from then i was suffering from the disease. Recently at Christian Medical College, Vellore my MRI of brain shows mild atrophic changes with ventricular prominence. what should i do? Whom will i believe
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should contact good radiologist and ENT

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for wirting to XXXXXXX

I think findings of atropy is right.
It has very clear cut findings in the form of prominent gyri and sulci with prominent ventricles.
It can't be missed,but it is bit early in your case according to your age.
On the other side,MRI is the investigation of choice for ear pathology.
If there is any problem,then it should be reported in all reports.

It should be corelated with clinical findings of vestibular pathology.
HRCT of ear is helpful in some cases. It can be done in needful cases.
You should consult good radiologist with films. You should also take opinion of ENT surgeon.

You can also upload films to me.

Hope I have answered your query.
Get well soon.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care