Suffering from varicocele. Advised to use scrotal suspensory bandage for pain relief. Will this affect the sexual life?

Question
Hello sir , This s XXXXXXX from Hyderabad ,age 25 singel . i am suffering from vericocle left side and mild on right side scrotum.
right testis measures 3.4*2.0 cms and epididymis measures 0.8*0.8 cms
left testis measures 3.5*1.5 cms and epididymis measures 0.7*o.7 cms .

creatinine - serum/plasma 1.0 mg/dl
glucose - serum/plasma 98 mg/dl
Doctor told me that no problem use tight underwares and given scrotal suspensory bandage to use to relief the pain .
Is vericocle is effect on sexual life now or in the future ?
i am not active in sexual activities bcaz getting pain after sex ,
shall i stop sex or masturbation >
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Varicocele causes an extra blood pooling in the enlarged veins in the scrotum which warms the nearby testicles unnaturally and decreases the sperm production.

It may cause discomfort leading to a heavy, dragging feeling in the scrotum.
It can damage the cells that make testosterone and may lead to a decreased overall testosterone level, which may either affect the fertility or sex drive.

Stopping having sex or masturbation is not a solution to your problem. If the varicocele does not get reduced by conservative measures then surgical treatment is advisable.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Suffering from varicocele. Advised to use scrotal suspensory bandage for pain relief. Will this affect the sexual life? 2 hours later
my doctor suggested me no operation, use suspensory bandages and consult me after 6 months .
but i have a pain in the left scotrum.
how can i ridoff my pain ?

by varicocle problem i get any other diseases in the future
and also after surgery can i get noramal sexual life ?

Thanks for writing again.

Your doctor has suggested that you undergo conservative treatment for 6 months. If the condition improves by conservative treatment, then surgery might not be needed.

To get rid of the pain, I would suggest the following:
a.     Tie the suspensory bandage tightly
b.     Taking oral mild pain killers like tablet disprin 325 mg every 4-6 hours with food will help you.

Varicocele, if left untreated, can negatively affect your fertility levels in the future. It can also cause atrophy of the testis ( there is a decrease in the size of the testis).
If proper treatment is instituted, you would be able to lead a normal sexual life.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Regards.