Suffering from uric acid problem, all joint have pain. What can be done?

dr I am suffering from uric acid problem my since two year my all joint have very much pain & my uric acid is presently 6.8
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

Uric acid to the tune of 6.8 is highly unlikely to be the cause of your joint pains. The normal range is between 3.0 - 7.0 mg/dL (milligram per deciliter). Uric acid usually involves a single joint at a time. The most common joint involved is that of the great toe. In hyperuricemia (high uric acid)/ gout, there is marked swelling and redness of the joint which is unbearable.I will suggest getting your vitamin D3 levels checked to rule out any vitamin D deficiency as it is a very common cause of multiple joints and muscle aches.

If vitamin D deficiency is confirmed then you need to take one XXXXXXX of vitamin D in milk or curd daily for 10 days, then weekly for 10 weeks and then monthly for one year.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.