Suffering from tremors in hand, twitching in fingers, numbness in feet. What do these symptoms indicate?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
iam a 22 year old hispanic male. ive been suffering from hand tremors for the past few weeks. there not resting tremors. only when i use something or have my hand out. my ring fingers also twitch. these tremors and twitches are on and off. somedays i have them sometimes i dont. they only happen for a short period of time to. also i have numbeness in my feet when i wake up. what do these symptoms indicated?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 14 hours later
Dear Sir,
Hello & wishing you a speedy recovery.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.
A young male with tremors needs further investigations, especially if there is associated numbness in feet also. I suggest

1. Get your blood sugar fasting & postprandial checked to rule out early diabetes

2. Get your MRI (Magnetic Resonant Imaging) cervical spine to rule out any cervical compression

3. Take some anxiolytic & analgesic with muscle relaxant medication, as part of tremors are related to anxiety levels

4. Some hand physiotherapy & relaxation will also help

Hope this answers most of your queries.
Wishing you a speedy recovery & healthy life

Thanks
Dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX XXXXXXX consultant neurosurgeon

Follow-up: Suffering from tremors in hand, twitching in fingers, numbness in feet. What do these symptoms indicate? 7 hours later
what diseases could it be? parkinsons, MS anything else?

Thanks for writing back.
It is extremely unlikely that your symptoms are due to parkinsonism or multiple sclerosis.
Parkinsonism causes tremor, rigidity, akinesia and postural instability and is frequently seen in elderly people. Multiple sclerosis can cause a variety of symptoms. I would suggest that you see a physician and get an MRI done to get a more accurate picture.
It is also possible that your symptoms are caused by stress or anxiety. Please reduce your stress levels with XXXXXXX breathing and meditation.
Wishing you a speedy recovery
‘Dr Praveen k Nath XXXXXXX consultant neurosurgeon