Suffering from tremendous hair loss. Is it safe to use absolut 3g cap?

I have been suffering from tremendous hairloss...and my doctor gave me absolut 3g cap..should I go for it..??I have sub clinical hypothyroidism...but it is within the range now..please suggest me something so that my hairloss reduces..i have been taking some multivitamin tab and protien supplement stil I m having hairloss...
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The hypothyroidism do cause hair thinning and subsequently hair fall. Sp, first of all you have to keep the thyroid levels within the range i.e. treat the cause.

The absolut 3g is multivitamin along with some other essential products which usually help in general well being of patient's health but it have no effect on hairs. If you are using it for general health purpose, then its a very good combination of supplements otherwise hair loss cannot be improved with it.

As i stated above the hair loss is mainly from the hypothyroidism which makes the hair coarse, thin and dry. so try to control the thyroid levels. use oil for hair anyone which makes the hair retain its surface. A topical spray contain minoxidil have shown very good results in hair improvement and regrow. Its effects starts after 2 months of frequent use but the effect are noticeable and long lasting.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask