Suffering from toritcollis. Tried physical therapy, tissue massage, chiropractic treatment and boutox injections. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been suffering from toritcollis for 1 1/2 years. i work on 2 computers at work and when I started this is when my problems started. I have tried physical therapy, deep tissue massage, chiropractic treatment and boutox injections. Nothing has helped. My neck starts to feel better when I am off of work for a few days, but goes right back to where it was as soon as I am back at work. I think if I had a few weeks to a month of not doing this it would improve. Why do none of the medical health practitioners i seek treatment from address the cause of my problem, which is working on 2 computers and constantly turning my head back and forth from one computer to the other? I never had this condition before I started working on 2 computers and it is ruining my life outside of work as well as at work. I am in constant pain, my neck is constantly locking up. I cannot do anything after work other than lying on the couch with a hotpack on my neck. I need help and I need someone to actually listen to what I am saying . I have tried repositioning my computers and this does not help. Now even when I am working on one computer my symptoms still persist. I would like to get an excuse from my dr stating I can no longer do my job and I am starting to consider this a work comp issue. My employer is well aware of my condition . Thank you
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
From the description you have provided, this seems to be a positional anomaly due to long working hours on computer.
The first step is to ensure that you maintain an appropriate posture while working on the computer. Take frequent stretch breaks and drink lots of water. Discontinue using pillow while sleeping straight. Do not lift heavy objects, especially after bending down. Eat a healthy wholesome meal which should satisfy your minerals and proteins requirement.

The most essential and long lasting remedy is exercises. There are certain back strengthening and neck isometric exercises that you must learn from a physiotherapist and perform them at home or work whenever possible. You can also undergo a weeks session of traction at your physiotherapist's clinic.
You can get some muscle relaxants prescribed from your orthopedician for symptomatic relief.
You can also get a certificate regarding the industrial neck pain from your orthopedician which will help in getting you work compensation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.